real player 10 caches but doesn't play [solved]

kristi

running 2006.0.3

Use firefox 1.06

Want to play BBC video clips.

Installed RP 10 as bin.

Restarted FF but when I click on the BBC video icon, it flashes appropriately and brings up RP, but then it seems to cache the clip, in short segments, and then jumps immediately to caching the next short segment, through the clip, then stops, but never actually plays it. Clicking play causes it to go through it's "caching" dance again. No beef.

I have no prob with xine, or other sounds or video or TVTIME.

I did install RP codecs. I also installed RP rpm, but no difference.

System is described in sig. Audio is onboard NForce2.

Thoughts?

tia!!!

Kristi

Edited by kristi

I used realplayer 10 gold from their website, and it worked OK for me. Although I did install mplayer-plugins as well for use in Firefox afterwards, but I had tested realplayer beforehand and it worked OK.

Not sure if you have used the same realplayer as myself, but assume you did. The only other thing I have installed is xine-win32 codecs, but this was installed before the realplayer stuff I think.

Still sounds like an audio problem. What happens if you play it through arts: artsdsp realplay (and past the vid link in the realplayer app).

Love your frenetic penguins! :cheesy:

I tried

artsdsp realplay http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4218146.stm#

if that's what you meant, but I get "the player does not have the capabilities to play back this content. I think their pointer/links are not simple and can only be played by linking on it. It's at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4218146.stm# and click on the "video" button on the right.

Kristi

EDIT: if I could find where it automatically executes realplay when I click on that video button, then I could put artsdsp in front of it.........

Edited by kristi

I used realplayer 10 gold from their website, and it worked OK for me.  Although I did install mplayer-plugins as well for use in Firefox afterwards, but I had tested realplayer beforehand and it worked OK.

Not sure if you have used the same realplayer as myself, but assume you did.  The only other thing I have installed is xine-win32 codecs, but this was installed before the realplayer stuff I think.

Yep, RP 10 Gold. RP codecs. I just installed mplayer and plugin, but no change. I'll go test it under 2005LE. It may be a 2006.0.3 prob.

Kristi