gcc-cpp mandrake 10.1

homerjj

Hi, i am a newbie to linux but after trying to install my modem i get the following message after entering the './configure' command

checking make location... /usr/bin/make

checking make version... 3.80

checking gcc location... not found

Which means i am missing the GCC, My question is where do i get the correct version GCC from and how do i install it?

Edited by homerjj

Do you have your easyurpmi links setup? If you have, you can just urpmi gcc and go from there. There may be various versions listed. Or, you can use the GUI (Install Software) and then add it from there (can be found under System/Configuration/Software I think).

If not, you should be able to install it from the CD/DVD you installed MDK 10.1 with. Again use urpmi gcc or Install Software, and pick it from the list to install (will need to select the "All" option to see an alphabetical list.)

gcc is installed by default when you install your system, unless you deselect it yourself. The "Discovery Edition" of Mandrake didn't include gcc though, AFAIK.

Installing gcc is as easy as "urpmi gcc" and "urpmi gcc-cpp", provided that your urpmi sources are properly configured.

Edited by scarecrow