Azureus problems

deck7uk

Hi Group,

Spent yesterday playing about with bittorrent clients and got bittorrent working ok, but no joy with azereus. I seem to have a problem that many others have, but have not come acroos a working solution. When Azureus is launched it seems to almost "kill" the internet connection. I cannot browse, check email etc and Gaim cuts out. This is even before I attempt to download anything (which does actually work ok!). All the NAT stuff is working fine, and I have set up the port forwarding on my router. I have tried limiting the number of connections (really low)/connection speeds as suggested in other posts elsewhere, but it still seems to block out the net connection. When i close azureus, all works fine again.

I noticed someone else mention this and say they have left azereus, but was wondering if anyone else has managed to solve this problem?

Cheers.

Chris

:thanks:

Azureus is the best BT client hands down, as long as you don't pass over-optimistic newtork settings to it.

Simply run the wizard, and answer properly the few questions it puts. Notice, that it just asks for your UPLOAD bandwidth, not the download one! (for a pretty good reason).