Motherboard Upgrade

manf0001

IN the Next month or so, I'll be upgrading to Mandriva LE 2005, as well as my Motherboard. I have two in mind, but am unable to find it on the Mandriva Hardware database (they have a small selection)

THe First is an Asus P4S800, and the Second is an MSI 651M-V.

If anyone has any suggestions opn what board would be better, please let me know.

Thanks

I think you will find that nearly all the well known brands work with Mandriva but there is some doubt about some of the more recent boards from ASUS, and there is a feeling that ASUS is very anti LINUX so few are recommending ASUS for anything.

The easiest way is to select a few possible choices and check with members here as to whether anyone is currently using one of the boards and their opinions on their boards. The two you mention are starters.

I am currently using an Asus A7V600-X for AMD-XP3200 but you will more likely going for the new generation 64s so my choice will likely not help you.

Cheers. John.

After thinking about my original post, I tried a different approach to Find a new motherboard. I tried once again to under the Mandriva HArdware database =, but instead of looking under LE 2005, I kept the search confined to 10.1.

I figured that if it is compatible with 10.1, that it should work with 2005.

ANd there was only one that I was able to find on that database and in one of the stores in my town is the Asus P4S800-MX.

SO I think I found my new motherboard.

I just hope that my logic is correct about if it works in 10.1 it should work with 2005! :juggle:

Have a good One Folks

Actually, the hardware database is way behind. There are lots of boards that work fine which are not listed on any database. Search your board by chipset and not brand. via and nvidia both do fine, as well as intel. sis has some issues. I have never owned a board that appreared on any Mandriva database. B)