WebCollage and ppmmake

bb002

I would like to use the WebCollage xscreensaver but it complains about being unable to find ppmmake in the $PATH variable. I searched the computer and couldn't locate it. I haven't been able to find a package on the mandrake cd to install it.

Anyone know where I can find a prebuilt package for mandrake? I'm too much of a noob to compile it myself.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Apparently I wasn't very clear because I fail to see how looking for a ppmmake rpm package falls into art and design but it not my decision so I'll go with it.

I have webcollage installed because it comes with the xscreensaver rpm package like you said. My problem is that I cannot use it since I do not have the software application "ppmmake" which it complains about requiring before it will run. Even once I get that application into a runable binary form i must get in to the $PATH variable. I wanted a RPM package to handle all the details since I'm a noob. Although I'm willing to learn how, it is still a bit over my head.

• 5 months later...

you need the netpbm package. I don't use Mandrake, but came across your question on my own searches, so I don't know exactly what the Mandrake package would be called. I suspect that a search for netpbm will find it though