intel integrated graphics card

coverup

I did change, as I noticed yours was reg03, and mine was reg04, so had the echo disable set to 4, and all has registered correctly, and I checked that the error has disappeared from the xorg log file, but for some reason still only 580fps.

The only thing I can put it down to is that I cannot change anything in the BIOS to allocate 8MB for video.

I did change, as I noticed yours was reg03, and mine was reg04, so had the echo disable set to 4, and all has registered correctly,

That's fine. I was just saying that if the register is listed as having count=4, then it must be disabled 4 times. That is the command

echo "disable=4" >| /proc/mtrr

needs to be repeated 4 times.

Edited by coverup

OK, that's cool. I guess I'm kind of limited because I can't make the bios change to allocate the video memory.

That said, it's just my laptop, so I'm not really going to use it for much other than normal day-to-date stuff, and nothing too gfx intensive like running games, or such. I have my other machine for that :P (which happens to run an NVidia card, and has the options in bios for setting video memory allocation).