UK football sites & audio streaming

deck7uk

Hi,

Not booted into XP for nearly a month now :banana:

But ran in to a bit of a problem last friday. I wanted to listen to my beloved WatfordFC (www.watfordfc.com) radio coverage which used to play through IE6/windows media player combo, but this does not seem to work "out of the box" with firefox on mandy 10.2.

I have noticed that mp3's play through firefox without launching a separate player window, so was hoping maybe the audio streaming of premiumtv sites (football league sites - many of) may just work, but it doesn't. Does anyone know how to get it working? I'm guessing its a case of correctly setting up some player/codec combo, but am not too sure which and how.

I have successfully set up real player, and tested it with streaming audio from bbc.co.uk - but I don't think the premiumTV sites support real player (all their help stuff is related to windows/media player)

Many Thanks for any pointers.

Chris B

I had the same problem with PTV streaming (though for the Forest site..even though with last seasons and recent performances, I really don't know why I bother). Basically I get round it (on Firefox) by using the mplayer plug-in [urpmi mplayerplugin as root] and then going to 'Live Commentary' then 'Audio Commentary' (and then selecting the game)...then I'd put the cr*ppy match console up. However, I noticed last game that if you select the audio from within the match console thing, it does work now (though seems to take even longer to buffer).

The video clips work fine with the mplayer plugin too.

Just looked at the Watford Official and it looks the same :)

Hope that helps! :)