Option "NoLogo" something? [solved]

kristi

xorg.conf for my Nvidia GeF4Ti4200 (running 7667)

Option "NoLogo" something?

I have seen -blank-, "0", "1", "false", "true" in the "something" position.

I am guessing that -blank- = "1" = "true" which will cause the logo to NOT be displayed.

Yes?

tia!

Kristi (limping along with 2006.0.2) :mr-green:

Edited by kristi

Actually I find the Logo or No Logo debate thing quite hilarious especially from the No Logo world. It only shows for about 1 or 2 seconds, but the geeks MUST shave off every single possible second from bootup to login as if their lives depended on it. Eeeeeek. (or should that be ..gggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk ???)

I find it (the logo), reassuring because it means that the NVIDIA driver is working AOK and its absence is a first sign of any display problems before you even get into account.

Cheers. John.

i agree with john, once your logged into what ever enviroment your using is dosent matter if the slapsh screen was present or not, but as pre stated it does let you know if there is a display problem and is nifty in its own little way,

but hey its your puter, tweak it how you want, if your looking for tips to speed things up further try the speed up firefox post, that really helps!!

Uh Oh, I guess I'm a gggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk!

:cheesy:

I hear your point, but I'm not doing it to try to save time, just to get rid of it, since I know whether it's up or not by the position of my screen - with Nvidia, it's 1/4' to the right. I adjust for this on the monitor, so it looks normal if the Nvidia driver is active, but 1/4' to the left if it's not. It's rather obvious.

:P

Kristi