Konqueror printing

riseringseeker

I am running 2005LE with all updates available as of 30 minutes ago.

I am overall very happy with the system, and though I had a few teething problems might still remain, this is about using my HP PSC2175 all-in-one from Konqueror.

The printer works perfectly when printing from everything I've tried (Firefox, Open Office, Kwrite) except Konqueror. The fonts on all other applications are perfectly acceptable, but when printing a web page displayed in Konqueror, the output is so small as to be unreadable.

I tried viewing/printing the same page in both Konqueror and Firefox, and from Firefox it printed a page and a half, from Konqueror it printed less than half a page.

With this upgrade (from 10.1) I am trying to use Konqueror less as a browser and depending on Firefox to the largest extent. However, I have one web site that I pretty much have to use Konqueror for (work) that only recognizes IE. I can have Konqueror lie to it and not have to use a MS product to do 90% of what I need to do there.

If anyone has a good idea how to get Konqueror to print in some other (larger) font, I would appreciate knowing what it is.

BTW - I have tried setting up the printer from CUPS, Kprint wizard, and from MCC, it works the same way anyway it was installed. I also will occasionally have a need to print to an HP network printer (Officejet 4050), and though the test page prints out perfectly, I get the same tiny printing characters there as I do with the 2175.