evolution drives me mad

coverup

here is another question about evolution. Every time I add a PDF attachment to an email, I get an ugly question mark instead of the PDF icon. The message on the console says

(evolution:14451): composer-WARNING **: cannot find icon for mime type application/pdf (installation problem?)

In gnome-control-settings->Advanced->File types and Applications-> Documents->Publishing ->pdf,

there is the proper PDF icon for application/pdf. So what's broken then? It's MDK10.1, by the way.

Could somebody point to an answer please

which icon set are you using in gnome? it is simply telling you that the icon it searches for is not in the /mimetypes folder of the icon theme you are using. you can solve this by e.g. installing another gnome-icon theme that has this icon or add it yourself to the gnome icon folder (i guess gnome-mime-pdf.png is the right one).

which icon set are you using in gnome? it is simply telling you that the icon it searches for is not in the /mimetypes folder of the icon theme you are using. you can solve this by e.g. installing another gnome-icon theme that has this icon or add it yourself to the gnome icon folder (i guess gnome-mime-pdf.png is the right one).

Where should I put this icon?

Some more info on this. I have two PCs running 10.1. I ran updates on one of them, that's where I have a problem. The other one which has not been updated shows the pdf mime icon just fine. The same version of gnome-icon-them.rpm is installed on both PCs. The gnome-control-center shows the correct icon for application/pdf under File types -> Documents ->Publishing->pdf. I tried to switch to some other Gnome themes (though I run KDE), nothing.

in case you use the default gnome icon theme, you will need to edit the following directory

/usr/share/icons/gnome/(filesize (e.g.48x48))/mimetypes

there you will find all gnome-related pdf icons and check if really every pdf icon can be found there.

maybe you need to edit the gtk.rc file (i experienced this in mandy). just open it with an editor, put a space behind the name of the theme and save the file.

in case you use the default gnome icon theme, you will need to edit the following directory

/usr/share/icons/gnome/(filesize (e.g.48x48))/mimetypes

there you will find all gnome-related pdf icons and check if really every pdf icon can be found there.

maybe you need to edit the gtk.rc file (i experienced this in mandy). just open it with an editor, put a space behind the name of the theme and save the file.

Okay, the output of

locate mimetype|grep pdf

seems to be identical on both PCs.

I don't seem to have gtk.rc nor .gtk.rc in my home dir. I am running KDE.

i guess i didn't get enough sleep this night, if i couldn't remember the index.theme files name even if i had it open on my desk next to the browser. :dunce2: :wacko:

have you arelady tried to reinstall the app? if all icons are included in the theme and the naming is correct, then the pdf icon MUST appear unless there is another "bug" that i am unable to see atm.

i guess i better go to bed and sleep over the matter two hours. :juggle:

have you arelady tried to reinstall the app? if all icons are included in the theme and the naming is correct, then the pdf icon MUST appear unless there is another "bug" that i am unable to see atm.

Okay, I will try to reinstall evo. It depends on gnome-panel-(something). Is it possible to force urpmi remove evolution packages without removing gnome-panel-xxxxxx?