Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
santner

apache server is no longer working

Recommended Posts

I recently upgraded on one of my systems to the latest Fedora Core release, now my http and ftp servers don't work. I am using apache and proftpd. I can ping everything fine and I DID NOT change any of my router settings. This happened immediately after the upgrade. I tried disabling the software firewall and it did not help. It's as if the servers are never seeing the requests coming in. I am stumped and am desperately looking for ideas...please :wall::wall:

 

 

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea, but it did not move it. httpd.conf.rpmnew is just some standard config file they gave, it did not mess with my httpd.conf file at all.

 

Something else that is noteworthy is that all of my servers are down....http - ftp and nfs?!?

 

I would appreciate any advice, I really need help! :help:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they have changed it I am pretty sure that it is httpd.conf - wouldn't be the first time I have been wrong though :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there some way to track a packet? For example, what if I sent a packet from my first computer to my second, is there any way to see if it make it past my router into my computer? At least that way I could determine if it is the linksys router or the computer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More information....If I use the actual ip address then I can access my website. However if I use the domain name then nothing. I currently use dnsexit to update my ip address because I do not have a static ip - kind of cheating in that regard. I have never had trouble with it before though - they provide a perl script to update your ip every ten minutes. Does this bring anything to mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the perl script reside on your machine? Is it still there? Does it run correctly?

 

(Sorry for the dumb questions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does reside on my machine, it does exist and after running the script it states that the update was successful. How reliable that is I guess is the real question.

 

ok, now I am completely confused. I just checked my website and it is up and running. I need to do some research to find out exactly what is going on. On my router I changed from UPnP to port forwarding (although they sound identical in the linksys descriptions)...other than that I didn't change anything else. I'll post back if I get lucky enough to pinpoint the exact problem.

 

Any advice on the difference between UPnP and port forwarding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't know what UPnP was before you mentioned it, it's Universal Plug and Play.

 

I found a website detailing it.

 

The word microsoft splashed here and there suggests this may not be as universal as it should be :cheesy: , but it seemed like it worked for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...