Trouble adding files to amarok collection [solved]

Aomighty

So I got amaroK up and working, and get kaudiocreator up and working, and start ripping all my CDs to disc. Trying to add /home/martin/docs/music to my collection (that being the rip directory), it says "building collection" and all and after finishing doesn't rip them. Adding my MP3 files from the windows partition has no errors. My collection is in ogg format, using the kaudiocreator ogg encoder. I checked to make sure, and indeed they are there. Also, if I try to play them from "Add Media" it plays fine.

What could be the problem? Version is 1.2 included with LE2005.

Thanks.

Edited by Ao the Unstoppable

Which KDE version?

kaudiocreator is obsolete in KDE 3.4.0, as the VFS rips audioCD's to .wav, .flac, .ogg, .mp3 directly from Amarok, or even konqueror (just insert an audioCD in your drive and type in Konq's addy "audiocd:/" ).

Same applies for Amarok, although in the version I'm using (1.3 beta2) due to a bug I can rip fine but not playback with the xine engine! :D (OK, I can use Artsd, but I really hate that damn thing...) No idea if this applies for 1.2 as well.

kscd and kaffeine (both using the device and not the VFS) have no trouble playing back audioCD's.

Edited by scarecrow

KDE 3.3.2. I just updated to amaroK 1.3beta as well, so I'll try that. Turns out it won't recognize ANYTHING I rip, be it ogg, mp3 or anything. How can I rip directly from amaroK?

How can I rip directly from amaroK?

From actions - play audioCD and then "playback" the assorting virtual folder- they are a few: /cda, /flac, /mp3, /ogg vorbis, /whole cd, /information, plus .wav files at the virtual root.

Whatever you playback will be ripped to HD before starting to play- excluding .cda which will playback directly.

But I believe you need KDE 3.4.0 at least to do that- maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by scarecrow

Yeah, looks like I do need KDE 3.4.0 for that.

Anyway, I figured out my problem. I needed to rename them to *.ogg. It wasn't recognizing they were .ogg files, and for some reason they weren't being ripped like that...

Anyway, problem fixed. Thanks all.