Guild wars

Guest MoExius

Guest MoExius

Hey, how you all doing??? I installed wine and xwine. After that i wrote the following

$ or # (i cant remember, sorry) wine /mnt/cdrom/setup.exe

It did run the GW's installer and i could install it. But when i tried to run the installed game wine pops up an error message saying that i dont have directx 8 installed and that i should update my video card drivers.

Does someone know if i can play GW with this application and/or how to fix the video problem???

Thanks in advance.

That's not a file (CVS not the cvschroot file. The cvschroot script is for only syncing your tree with their I think), that's the complete development source code. You have to click on the "I Agree" button on the bottom of the page. Then you can download the source code using the commands after this sentence:

To checkout a new CVS respository:

BUT unless you are a programmer I don't recommend you to mess with compiling development source code.

Broken record time again, remember that the CVS version of cedega is NOT the same as the commercial version. In fact, it is lacking numerous libraries and functions that are basic to the opperation of many games. For most people the CVS is not worth the time it takes to download.