firewire audio in

Leo

I want to transfer some vinyl to my MDK LE2005 box. I have a pinnacle firewire card and it came with a box that connects to the firewire card by what looks like a serial cable which has audio input sockets which I have plugged my turntable into.

My first problem is that it does not appear to be sending any signal to the pc as when I play a record no sound comes out.

I have checked volume settings and whacked everything up to 11 but to no effect

I have googled and found some stuff on amdtp which appears to be related to firewire audio and have loaded the relevant module (modporobe amdtp) this loads fine but still no sound.

Another google unearthed a reference to creating the correct device

mknod -m 666 /dev/amdtp c 171 48

and this does create the device but it does not appear to be doing anything (I tried cat /dev/amdtp and got an invalid argument message)

Does anyone have any other suggestions or know of a way to get this to work?

Failing that how else can I copy my vinyl onto my pc?

Thanks

Leo

Thanks devries, one of the problems I was having was working out how to connect to the pc (there is no suitable output from the stereo (I bought it in the early 90's). However I have now found out that I can connect the phono leads from the turntable to the line in of the soundcard using a convertor plug.

It still bothers me that I cannot do this through the firewire card though.

Leo