No TV After Mandriva Upgrade

jeremy1701

Hi all,

I have a Kworld PVR 878 TV Tuner. It worked *perfectly* under MDK 10.1. Remote control and everything. Then I upgraded to MDR 2005 LE and it stopped working. Here's the problems I'm having now.

Right off the bat, I had no sound, but I did have all the channels. Of course, the first thing I did was fire up MCC and try to reconfigure it. It autodetected everthing just fine, but then when it came time to scan for channels, well that didn't work either. It finds about ten or so channels, but they're all the same channel, and to make it worse, it's all TBS. So I get channels 2, 6, 10, 34, 76, and 55, but every single one of them is TBS. Plus, there's no sound.

So... Any ideas? I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas! (j/k, I've tried everything I can think of). If you can tell me where to start, that'd be great.

Jeremy

Guest flummoxed

Jeremy,

I'm also having a problem with Tv card sound.

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=26655

I suggest looking at the output to dmesg to see if your card has been auto-detected correctly.

I've read some reports about the sound (tuner) module settings needing to be changed.

If you know which tuner you have you can get the settings from the BTTV HOWTO

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/BTTV/modprobe.html#TUNMOD

Hope this helps

Flummoxed

My card doens't require the btaudio module b/c the it's of the type with a jumper from the TV card to the sound card. I know that the audio problem is coming from the TV card. If I connect a mic to the line-in, I get sound. If I connect headphones to the line-out of the TV tuner, I get nothing.