Setting up Evolution to work with AKO+

WoMBaT

Does anyone here use AKO+ as their email service? If you don't know what it is..then I guess not. Someone does surely. I cannot get the Evolution email client to send mail. It will retrieve mail fine. The send mail needs to be SSL (which I can set), but I don't know what kind of authentication to use. I have tried all the options given and I cannot get it to work.

Has anyone gotten Evolution to work with AKO+?

AKO+ is the us army's global email client. It runs on Microsoft Outlook Web Access so of course Outlook works fine. It has a place to input your authentication and SSL socket numbers.

Evolution does not have these settings; just authenticate and use SSL. No socket solution (hopefully the same?). My ultimate problem I guess is picking a authentication type. I don't know what to choose and nothing listed seems to work.

I could set the mail client up as IMAP receiving mail, but SMTP is only supported for sending it seems and then there is that authentication problem.

Anyone got any ideas? One could go to https://mail.jdp.us.army.mil to see the login and FAQ links.