rc.conf file

Guest zorpian

Guest zorpian

any anyone came across to where you cannot fine the rc.conf file, it should be at /etc/rc.conf.

is there a way to restore it...

Help.

Zorp

i don't have a rc.conf file in my /etc folder... :huh:

attached is a tar package with all rc files i found in my /etc folder. just unzip it and copy it to your /etc directory. :)

arctic: they were only symlinks in that targz, either way, it is not reccomended that we go round willy nilly sharing critical files like that.

rc.conf happens to be the name of the main config file in Arch, however Mandrake does not use this file for its configuration.

the other rc files you included the symlinks to arctic are critical files, they are what init runs on bootup, and if they are damaged or lose their executable perms, system wont boot and will need a trip to a livecd to repair.

iphitus

yes, they are init related and system critical files. i do know that. what i put in that package are the only things i could find in a fresh, untouched-out-of-the-box le2005. so, sharing these files is not really dangerous imho although you might disagree again. :)

but... why does he need a rc.conf file in mandy if it is the arch-config file???

Guest zorpian

NDC command failed : rndc: connect failed: connection

this is the other error I am getting if anyone knows about it. When i apply changes to my master zone

Zorp