Synaptics Touch Pad - Turn off features [solved]

Edd

I fixed it! If anyone else has the same issue you can do the following:

type "synclient -l" to list all settings off the touch pad

then type "synclient MaxTapTime=0" to turn it off.

Sorted ;)

Edited by Edd

Ok. even though my above thing did work, Mandrake does not remember my settings when it reboots. Sam goes for my wireless connection. I have to keep on doing everything again. Is there a way I can tell Linux to run these commands on boot? Thanks :)

For the synaptics touchpad, check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. That's the config file and I assume what your doing is only resetting for that session and not making a permanent edit to xorg.conf. Look for a line that corresponds to your command and see if it's set to 0. If not edit the file accordingly.

Be more specific with your ndiswrapper problem. Can't tell whether your losing your wlan configuration on reboot or that the ndiswrapper module is not loading at boot and you have to manually modprobe it.

Hi again Edd,

as pmpatrick says, the xorg.conf file (you may find this is a link to the file XF86Config in the same directory, but that's normal!) holds the settings for the touchpad, so you can make permanent changes by editing this file as root.

If you find this doesn't solve the problem (some values returned by synclient -l do not match the settings in xorg.conf), you can add some correction commands to a startup script and place it in KDE's Autostart folder (obviously it needs to run *after* X starts).

Read this:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=25134

wherein I concocted a script to auto-correct any incorrect entries (you'll find it down the bottom). Just copy it into KWrite or whatever, save it in /home/yourName/.kde/Autostart and make it executable (chmod +x thefilename).

I'll answer your wireless question in the thread you started on that subject.