Does linux Myth 2 run in mandrake 9.0?

johnnyv

The only game that doesn't work well in Linux period is Terminus.

You *can* get it to work, but it takes effort.

All the other games work just fine, at least the ones I own, which includes Myth 2.

BTW, I think I'm installing Debian over my Mandrake partition... And FreeBSD over my Debian partition. My wife's PC will still run Mandrake though, so I can continue my tutorials, and ensure that they work on BOTH distros now, instead of only Mandrake. I do have a couple more tutorials/articles to make before I switch, including syncing Palm Pilots and I forget the other ones.

But anyhow, I'm not leaving the games section here, and I'm not abandoning Mandrake entirely (my Mandrake 8.2 server has been up for 167 days now).

The biggest problem with Terminus is that you sometimes have to make the config files read-only and you also have to install the actual libraries for libstdc++2.8.0 rather than do a symbolic link to the newer libraries...

It's a rather nice game, and its the only Linux native space piloting sim that isn't a port...

I want to get FreeSpace 1&2 running, but nobody has done SRPMs for it yet... And I dread having to take the time and expend the effort to download and compile the source from the CVS and then port over the files...

Plus, I haven't gotten my joypad working yet...