Need help with Mandrake 10.2 and NTL broadband

Guest martind

Guest martind

Hi I really need help getting my version of Mandrake 10.2 to work with my NTL modem!!! How do you set it up exactly??? I am a real newbie to Mandrake and if anyone can help me i would be extremely grateful!! My cable modem is a usb and ethernet one and its a NTL 200 cable modem if thats any use???? please help me as I really wanna get my Mandrake running the net and hence stop using windows XP!!!

hello and welcome aboard. :)

first of all: you should specify if mandriva recognised your modem or not. when it is plugged into your computer, did you get any error message when booting up? if you got such a message, related to your networking hardware, we can do more troubleshooting.

if the system booted without any errors, then log into your system and select from your menu the mandriva-control-center (MCC), aka "configure your computer". there is a setup wizard for creating a working configuration with most networking devices. you should take care however about your selection of lan (used for ethernet connections), adsl, etc.

if the wizard doesn't work (or apparently doesn't work), come back and post your questions with as much detail as possible on what you did so far. the more we know, the better are the chances we can help. :)

Guest martind

Hi there I didnt get any error messages but it doesnt recognise my modem when it was plugged into the usb port. howeva it does recognise my ethernet card but when i go on to the reconfigure the network card screen there is a part on that screen that says testing the eternet card and that doesnt move??? Where should I start here because im really confused!!!