urpmi package for mythtv broken?

ffrr

when I try to install it I get the following...

[root]# urpmi mythtv-suite

Some package requested cannot be installed:

mythtv-suite-0.15-2plf.i586 (due to unsatisfied mythmusic[>= 0.15])

Continue? (Y/n) y

[root]#

and that's all it does. Is it broken at plf? Is there an alternative?

What urpmi sources have you got configured:

In Software Media Manager, hopefully your list includes:

main

contrib

jpackage

updates

plf-free

plf-nonfree

I was having problems with PLF mirrors earlier, it could be that your specific mirror is not contactable, or you're missing a urpmi source that one of the objects is included in.

Actually, I've just checked, and it does the same on mine, before I've even attempted to download.

Try installing mythmusic first, and see if that helps resolve for you. I noticed that when I selected mythmusic, it mentioned another dependency. You'll have to work through, hopefully there aren't too many, and get the dependencies installed first, then try the myth-suite afterwards.

The dependency I have for mythmusic, is related to libflac. Get this library on first, then you should be able to get mythmusic after that.

Edited by ianw1974

What urpmi sources have you got configured:

In Software Media Manager, hopefully your list includes:

main

contrib

jpackage

updates

plf-free

plf-nonfree

I was having problems with PLF mirrors earlier, it could be that your specific mirror is not contactable, or you're missing a urpmi source that one of the objects is included in.

Wow, quick reply, thanks. yes I have all those configured (plus the installation DVD). It's not a temporary problem with the net, I tried a few times a day or so ago as well. I believe it should all be there (at plf) but it seems they are missing some pieces.

Also, it's a fairly old version .15.1 (current is .18.1).

So, are there any better plf mirrors than

ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/plf/mandrake/free/10.2

ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/plf/mandrake/non-free/10.2

(these are the ones I have configured at the moment)

Thac, I looked at your site, and the section of rpms for mandriva does not have mythtv-suite. I am led to believe this is a meta-rpm for all the rest of the suite.

I did manually download what I thought were all the bits necessary from your site, but the front end kept crashing with a segmentation fault, so I guess something was wrong - maybe I missed something, or had an incompatible library version or something. That's why I wanted to install the whole suite, to make sure I got it all correct.