Amd 64 technology

3800+

Fx53(55)

Graphiccard?

DVD Burnner?

15" screen

40gb HD........?

And I can need help from you please :unsure:

Are you looking for a laptop with those specs or do you literally want to build one yourself, because I doubt you'd be able to do much more than insert ram and perhaps a drive and, at a push, a processor??

Aopen are selling the stuff to build your own laptop, or you can have a look at Compal, they can sell barebones also.

Barebones include the screen, the case and the motherboard wich has most of the time firewire, lan, serial, lpt and sound on board.

From there on you can the cpu, gfx, mem, dvd, etc...

EDIT: but you can forget to get those cpu's in a lappy for now, the best you'll find is an AMD3400.

Edited by Phantom

Aopen are selling the stuff to build your own laptop, or you can have a look at Compal, they can sell barebones also.

Barebones include the screen, the case and the motherboard wich has most of the time firewire, lan, serial, lpt and sound on board.

From there on you can the cpu, gfx, mem, dvd, etc...

EDIT: but you can forget to get those cpu's in a lappy for now, the best you'll find is an AMD3400.

Phantom,

Will any linux work very good on that Barebones labtob? ;)

Edited by Mandriva-user

Sure why not, it will even be better as you can choose the components and make sure they are 100% compatible.

For example, check that the GFX is Nvidia as ATI's drivers are not as good, for the modem check the compatibility also, etc...

Sure why not, it will even be better as you can choose the components and make sure they are 100% compatible.

For example, check that the GFX is Nvidia as ATI's drivers are not as good, for the modem check the compatibility also, etc...

Phantom,

Thanx I will be back few days ask you gentlemen which hardware is compatibility with linux.

For linux,I ask before I go out shopping.

Are you looking for a laptop with those specs or do you literally want to build one yourself, because I doubt you'd be able to do much more than insert ram and perhaps a drive and, at a push, a processor??

SoulSe,

Phantom is in right direction thanx SoulSe for your info.

Edited by Mandriva-user

Have a look here: http://store.topmic.com/asz8amdmoat6.html

They seel some good machines and you don't have to take an M$ licence along with it.

PS: I don't have anything to do with this store, I don't know them, I just found them through googling for Barebone laptop systems.

Edited by Phantom

I just put a machine together:

Accessories [A]: None

Accessories : None

Audio: AC97 with Built-in Microphone & 2 Stereo Speakers & Subwoofer

CPU/Processor: AMD Mobile Athlon™ 64 3400+ (+90)

Extended Warranty: Standard 1 Year Standard Warranty

Hard Disk: 80GB 5400RPM (+$100.00)

Memory: 1GB PC2700 DDR333 [2x512MB] (+$161.00)

Model: 15.0 AMD Mobile Athlon 64 Z80K XGA/ SXGA+ TFT Display

Modem: Built In 56Kbps V.90/V.92 AC-Link modem

Networking: 10/100/1000 Integrated Ethernet

Office Suite: None

Operating System: None

Optical Storage: DVD/CDRW Combo

Utilites: None

Wireless Networking: Integrated WLAN 802.11 B/G module

This comes with an ATI 9700Pro 128MB card and it's only +/- 1600$ which seems like a very nice price compared to what I paid :angry:

This comes with an ATI 9700Pro 128MB card and it's only +/- 1600$ which seems like a very nice price compared to what I paid  :angry:

Thise price is in U.S$?

Well I got just a phone call I may get a good price for TOSHIBA you ask me what model I will let you know!!

Edited by Mandriva-user

Well I got just I phone call I may get a good price  for TOSHIBA you ask me what model I will let you know!!

No thanks, I'm not going to buy another laptop with an M$ licence stuck on it when I don't need it.

The advantage for building a lappy yourself is that your forced to buy an unwanted M$ licence.

I ask you gentlemen Toshiba Satellite top of the line brand new from the box for $1000.00 canadian and I ask him is it hot. But he told me is payed of???????

Because if is hot I will not get it ,he told me no it is not hot.

What you think about that? :wall:

I think I don't understand a word what you're saying :wacko: :huh:

Do you mean it's hot = temperature or hot = really cool laptop ?

Anyway, I wouldn't get a Toshiba, IMHO they're only good for pure business use, or you need to go with the Quosimo line and then you'll have serious trouble getting all the gadgets working under Linux.

Sinon t'explique en français et je pourrais t'aider. ;)