Middle MouseWheel button problem

ianw1974

For some reason, I enable auto-scroll in Firefox, but when I press the middle wheel to cancel it, it visits a website for some reason.

It also does this in konqueror, and from looking briefly, it always seems to be a site that I've been on recently, a link I've clicked, or text that I've typed.

I noticed, that if I press the button whilst the cursor is in the middle of the auto-scroll icon on-screen, it doesn't click the link. I have checked, and made sure I'm clicking in an area where a link doesn't exist too, in case it was that.

How can I stop it from doing this?

Edited by ianw1974

it's text you have recently selected, middle click pastes the last bit of text you selected. firefox or whatever seems to do a google im feeling lucky of that bit of text. either way, use the right click button to cancel it in firefox instead of middle clicking again.

Edited by iphitus

Yeah, I noticed I sometimes get google! I also noticed that when I was trying to sort out the Windows Media problem, that it also kept going to the MSDN website, so is a bit weird. Mostly google though.

I'll use the other mouse buttons to cancel, although if you use the middle button with the cursor over the autoscroll marker, it cancels it OK! Weird.....