Xine and Mplayer not playing DVDs! [solved]

gjtomli

I have just recently moved to Mandrake 10.2 from windows. I am having trouble getting any of the players to playback dvds. Mplayer only plays the movie. You cannot get to the DVD menu to see special features and the language will change on to french when the chapter changes. Xine just plays the fbi warnings at the beginning of the dvd and stops playing all together. The very last thing I want is to go back to MS!!!!!! And I will have to admit most of the stuff discussed across this forum is absolutely over my head... could some one help me out here?

Edited by gjtomli

Try install libdvdcss then, I hope this useful. I have no problem in playing DVDs with both xine and MPlayer. But OK, MPlayer only plays the movies while xine can access the menus too.

Edited by idud

I'm sorry....... :(

But why don't you just remove the libdvdcss and then play that DVD again. If it works, then the libdvdcss is the reason. Anyway I'm using 10.1, I don't know what's wrong in 10.2 or later.

Okay... I just reinstalled Xine after removing it...(still stuck with that windows mentallity) anyhow Xine works so I must have been missing a plugin or something. I would rather have it play in Xine anyhow since mplayer doesn't support DVD menus. It still doesn't play in Mplayer but my heart ain't broken. :thanks: