Netgear MA101

Guest Diddy1

Guest Diddy1

I have a rev. b netgear ma101 and i finally got it working. I loaded the windows .infs and it found it. PAckages are exchanged but when i use the browsers it won't work.

I am using the latest mandrake. And i just don't know what is wrong anyone know how to activate it?

Are you using the MA101 as the default gateway for access out to the internet? As long as this is set for the router, and you have your DNS entries configured too, then it shouldn't be a problem.

if your device is up and running, try to ping websites (try to access e.g. 204.71.200.67). if this works, you probably need to disable ipv6 for your browsers. in firefox, type "about:config" in the webaddress bar. in the appearing search bar, type "ipv6". an entry with "ipv6disable" will appear. double click on "false" in order to set it to "true". now check if the webpages load without problems.

hope this might help.

Guest Diddy1

I've tried but the ping won't work. It just pings forever.CAnv i get help on how to active a connection? even though it show that wlan is connected the net won't work.

take a look at this http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-hn/wmp11-linux.htm and this very useful howto http://www.iwpcs.co.uk/simple_net_setup.html. if after following these isntructions everything still fails, please give us detailed information on what you have done exactly and the output of the commands mentioned in the howto.

good luck. :)

Edited by arctic