Web based content management app

thayne

Can anyone suggest a good PHP based web site content management app? Not like PHPNuke, I want something that I can use to manage content on any type of web site through a web based admin, storing the content in a MySQL db.

Thanks

Not quite sure what you are looking for here.

Are you looking for a single CMS that will allow you to update content for multiple websites? And you want that CMS to be php based?

I have never heard of a solution that is php based. For what you may be looking for you may want to try something like Zope. It is a full featured CMS solution that allows you to manage multiple websites.

Specify exactly what you are looking for and maybe I can recommend something.

> On second thought Perl wouldn't be okay.

Why? I made a cms in perl for coupla sitez (using SSI heavily for populating structures with data) and it does just fine. PHP may be easier, sure, but anything is possible.

Perl's too slow and clunky. It's fine for email scripts and various maint. tasks, but not for a high traffic web site.

I wrote a content management app in asp a few years ago, I guess maybe i need to really learn php and just convert mine. I can't seem to find anything out there already made.

Perl's too slow and clunky. It's fine for email scripts and various maint. tasks, but not for a high traffic web site.

I wrote a content management app in asp a few years ago, I guess maybe i need to really learn php and just convert mine.  I can't seem to find anything out there already made.

....I must use a different perl than you....Have you ever played that game frozen-bubble? It comes with mandrake, it is really cool....It is written in perl.