KDE - disable use of soundwrapper?

Guest IndieRockSteve

Guest IndieRockSteve

soundwrapper causes me nothing but problems, and I don't think i've ever come across a program not launched with it that didn't work, so is there a way to make kde not automatically append soundwrapper to the launch icons for everything?

thanks!

Guest IndieRockSteve

bvc-

it mostly affects flash for me, when loading phoenix or mozilla from the menu and I try and run a flash page it crashes. If I run it from the "Run Command..." menu or from Konsole it runs fine (with not being run through soundwrapper being the key difference. I still get sound through flash programs when i run it without soundwrapper. I also tried running xmms without soundwrapper and it also worked. So it seems that it isn't doing me any good, and crashes Flash for me.

aze - soundwrapper, as i understand it, is to allow non arts programs to use arts for sound, or something. But thats not what it seems to do for me, so I'm not really sure.

I thought about editing every menu entry, but I noticed when KDE reloads it will replace soundwrapper in the menu entries. So that won't even seem to work either. I thought there might be some way of disabling it all together.

help anyone!!

thanks!

Oh, I use opera now and it's fine with/without soundwrapper. I use to use galeon with esd and soundwrapper was fine there as well. Have you tried creating your own menu entry? I don't know what else to say cause it doesn't look like there'd be anything you could do to stop soundwrapper.

[bvc@localhost bvc]$ urpmf soundwrapper

menu:/usr/bin/soundwrapper

[bvc@localhost bvc]$ urpmf --summary menu

menu:summary:Menu system

menudrake:summary:Menudrake is a little application for editing menu.

rxvt-CJK:summary:CJK menus for rxvt

taper:summary:A menu-driven file backup system.

[bvc@localhost bvc]$ rpm -q --whatrequires menu

gnome-mime-data-2.0.1-2mdk

icewm-light-1.2.0-5mdk

lesstif-mwm-0.93.34-2mdk

mandrake_desk-9.0-21mdk

XFree86-4.2.1-3mdk

menudrake-0.7.1-3mdk

gurpmi-4.0-20mdk