wireless mouse problem [solved]

largegroh

here is the situation. If I boot straight into linux all is good. My wireless 3 button mouse with wheel works great. However, if i then re-boot into windows to do something, then back into linux the mouse goes bonkers. I can not place it on any point to click. It just bounces from top to bottom. only recourse is to manually shut off computer and re-boot straight into windows.

anyone have ideas on why and how to fix this?

[moved from Tips & Tricks by spinynorman]

Don't reboot then. Shutdown and boot directly. It will only take an extra second. :P

I have a similar problem. When I reboot from Mandrake into XP, for some reason my Windows Nvidia driver becomes damaged, and resets the display to default monitor, basic VGA driver and sets the resolution to 640x480. I can simply reinstall the driver to correct the problem whilst in windows, or just boot directly and avoid the problem. My advice is to just put up with it, your time could be better spent else where.

You'd be suprized the amount of time a problem will simply go away, if you just ignore it long enough. :lol:

Edited by cwhobbes