PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!!! LOSING MY MIND

Guest jennifer2323

Guest jennifer2323

HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE SOME REALLY BIG PROBLEMS ABOUT WINE. I HAVE ABOUT 500 SHEETS OF PRINTED PAPERS SITTING HERE IN FRONT OF ME AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL TO DO WITH THEM. FOR EXAMPLE: ON THE ONE PAPER IT STATES THAT TO INSTALL WINE-YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT INTO THE USR/SRC/WINE,SO THEN MY WINE SOURCE WOULD BE IN USR/SRC/WINE/WINE. THATS ALL FINE AND DANDY BUT I ONLY HAVE USR/SRC ON MY PC!! I DONT HAVE NO WINE FOLDER! WHERE DO I NEED TO UNZIP MY WINE FILE AT AND HOW DO I GET MY WINE FOLDER TO COME UP IN MY DIRECTORY?

ANYONE WHO HAS INSTALLED WINE IN THEIR LINUX SERVER AND KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT IM SAYING PLEASE EMAIL ME AT:

TEDDY_BEAR_HUGS23@YAHOO.COM

I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!!

BTW-ONE MORE THING-ANOTHER THING ON THIS PAPER I HAVE A BUNCH OF CODES:

#UPDATEDB

#LOCATE GLEXT.H

WHERE DO I WRITE THESE INTO TO GET THEM TO WORK?

First of all DON'T SHOUT!!!! use normal caps!!!!! :evil:

HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE SOME REALLY BIG PROBLEMS ABOUT WINE.  I HAVE ABOUT 500 SHEETS OF PRINTED PAPERS SITTING HERE IN FRONT OF ME AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL TO DO WITH THEM.  FOR EXAMPLE:  ON THE ONE PAPER IT STATES THAT TO INSTALL WINE-YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT INTO THE USR/SRC/WINE,SO THEN MY WINE SOURCE WOULD BE IN USR/SRC/WINE/WINE.  THATS ALL FINE AND DANDY BUT I ONLY HAVE USR/SRC ON MY PC!!  I DONT HAVE NO WINE FOLDER!  WHERE DO I NEED TO UNZIP MY WINE FILE AT AND HOW DO I GET MY WINE FOLDER TO COME UP IN MY DIRECTORY?

create that directory; as root:

just open a xterminal and at the prompt type, su; then enter the root's password. Be careful now because you'll be in DANGEROUS mode from this point.

Now create the folder as: mkdir -p /usr/src/wine

Move to that directory as: cd /usr/src/wine and unzip (or what ever) the wine package in it.

btw, do you know that there should be a compiled and packaged wine for mandrake, just to plug and play ?

ANYONE WHO HAS INSTALLED WINE IN THEIR LINUX SERVER AND KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT IM SAYING PLEASE EMAIL ME AT:

TEDDY_BEAR_HUGS23@YAHOO.COM

I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!!

BTW-ONE MORE THING-ANOTHER THING ON THIS PAPER I HAVE A BUNCH OF CODES:

#UPDATEDB

#LOCATE GLEXT.H

WHERE DO I WRITE THESE INTO TO GET THEM TO WORK?

You should take a look to any linux basic manual to start moving around.

Some links:

Basics: http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/

A good wine installation tutorial (at least the last time I saw it): http://icculus.org/~dolson/mdkxp/?c=ttrls/winexcvs

You don't have to put it in /usr/src directory. You can just download it to your home directory, and install it from there. It will put needed files where they need to go. You'll just need to provide the root password whenever the program asks for it.

If you want less hassles,... throw some money at the problem and buy a subscription to Transgaming's WineX.

It's not the elegant solution, but their RPMs install fast and easy and I never had a hassle with doing it. There was no BS about configuration and it set up the falsetto win directory stucture for me.

I did it that way because I didn't have the time to futz around with learning how to set up wine manually. The last time I tried, I was ready to pull my hair out.

Besides, if you get a WineX subscription now, you'll hit the release of WineX 3.0 with the minimum 6 mos. initial subscription. It's only $5.00 per month (US).

This may not be the solution you want, but might get you where you want to go quicker.