how do I change the icon of a kicker button?

papaschtroumpf

I can't figure out how to change the icon for the "access desktop" (minimize all windows) in kicker. The default icon that came up after install is the one seen in this screenshot (I couldn't find a standalone image of the icon):

MDK10_Gimp-virtual-desktop_590x472.jpg

It looks terrible at "small" setting. It sort of looks like a guy in a baseball hat (I have had two people ask me what the baseball player icon was for).

I would like to change it to the desktop icon that doesn't have the desk lamp (which is what people mistake for a head and hat), or even the older desktop icon:

kde-show-desktop-icon.png

kde-show-desktop-icon.png

I know how to chnage the icon of a shortcut, but I don;t know how to change a kicker icon.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

it should be located somewhere in your /usr/share/icons or /usr/share/pixmaps older (i am on mac currently, so no chance to take a look at my mdk-box). once you have located the file, replace it with another icon you like and do not forget to give it the appropriate name.

• 2 months later...
Guest chaos

Well, it's /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/*x*/apps/desktop_mdk.png, but...

You see, There are several user accounts on my Mandriva LE 2005, and each of them has a special icon theme. I want each user to have his own desktop icon (/home/user_name/.kde/share/icons/icontheme_name/*x*/filesystems/desktop.png).

How is it possible?

P.S. * means size

P.P.S Sorry for my bad English