CSS, HTML, and javascript [SOLVED]

I'm using instructions from here:

http://www.infocraft.com/projects/ffcounter/

To work on a counter for my website. Here's what I am working on:

http://semperphi.com/firefox-test.html

As you can see, I cannot figure out how to get the digits to show up exactly where I want them to, in the blank space beneath 'Firefox' .

Secondly, I would love to be able to convert the text digits to animated odometer digits like this:

post-835-1114970963.gif

Or even better animations so that you actually see it 'rolling' up if you can point me to those.

Any tips, pointers, pushes in the right direction would be appreciated.

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire

Guest anon

To get the numbers at the bottom, just add a <br> in the right place, something like:

<body onload="get_count();">
<br>
<span id="ffcounter">
<br>
</span></br>
</body>
</html>

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, that looks terrif!

Sadly you have caused the silly javascript bug to bite me again. Are you still interested in a scrolling version? I'm intrigued by that notion and intend to play around a little with the idea. I'm quite obsessed with doing Flash-like things with js, and this sounds like a fun challenge. If I come up with anything I'll post back.

I should point out though, that my animation scripts tend to melt CPUs.

By the way, who is Dave Barry?

I hope you know that the button's actual image is just a Spread Firefox blank button...I can take no credit for that. As for the other, I just copied and pasted javascript and then had to sweat out some standards-compliant html that IE would actually treat right, so I can really take no credit for it looking terrific if it does.

Yes, I'm definitely still interested in a scrolling up odometer image for the digits.

I'm not sure if you are American or not, but Dave Barry is/was a syndicated humor columnist who worked for the Miami Herald. He wrote several books and is in a crazy-fun band with Stephen King, Amy Tan and another author I cannot remember. He recently retired from writing his weekly humor column so he can spend more time with his family and writing more books. You can probably find links to archives containing some of his old columns on the Miami Herald website, if you're interested.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/

(Then again, maybe not...I can't seem to find any archives of his humor columns...every other archive on the site seems to be pay-only for the whole article, so I'm guessing if one did find any of his old columns, one wouldn't be able to read the whole thing.)

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire