DWL-G520_revB driver

Guest makarx

Guest makarx

Ok, since my d-link DWL-G520_revB is not supported by mandrake, i tried to use ndswrapper, but my driver was tested and it doesnt work, so i am trying to use a sourgeforge project called madwifi. i have the tarball, but i dont knowhow to use it. mandrake doesnt let me chose my driver from other sources....... i extracted it and dont know what to do. the readme at the site was only a little bit of help. heres the link to the project: http://madwifi.sourceforge.net/ Can someone help? Also can someone help me and tell me what CVS is? is it like the backport project for ubuntu linux? Is it like Easy Urpmi tool? TY in advanced!!!!!!

Guest makarx

also i looked into ndiswrapper but my card was tested and does not properly work with it according to them.... madwifi is what d-link told me to use, tough they dont "support" it.

install the kernel-source package. Build the madwifi driver following the instructions in the package.

Note: the stable version may not work on recent kernels. It's probably better to download a recent version of madwifi from CVS following the instructions on the madwifi page.

Once it's built, install it by running 'make install' as root (this stage might be in the installation instructions too).

run 'depmod -a' as root.

Now run drakconnect again and try to configure the card. If you're running a recent MDK (10.1 or 2005 at least), it should see that you have the madwifi driver available and allow you to use it.

Hope that helps...