dependancy problem with amavisd-new

cardassianscot

I am trying to run amavisd-new virus checker. However, I am running into some dependancy problems trying to get it to run. I get the following error when trying to run it

Can't locate loadable object for module Unix::Syslog in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl) at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 492

Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 492.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 492.

From this I assume that I need to load the Syslog perl module. Trouble is I can't find one that comes on the Mandrake CD's. I have tried downloading a rpm called perl-Unix-Syslog-0.98-1.noarch.rpm but this doesn't work either (it installs the files in a different directory to my perl modules but it still doesn't work even when I copy the files across to my perl modules directory.)

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of the syslog perl module that works with Mandrake or how I can get my existing version of syslog to work with Mandrake.

p.s. I am using both Mandrake 8.0 (old system, can't really afford to take it offline to upgrade it at the moment) and 9.0.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...