I installed amule

null

haven't done this file sharing stuff in a couple of years, but...

I just installed amule (went OK). I setup a few preferences, and then connected to a couple of servers), searched on an old song from the 60s, found a bunch of results. Try to d/l some of them, but... they just sit there saying "Waiting..." forever & ever and nothing ever happens. Worthless, right...? Or is it me?

amule is the linux version of emule, It's been a years using emule and amule just recently, of course in my mandrake, have'nt used it so much compared to emule in my win box, and what I have observed, downloading mp3 using emule does not do good compared to other peer to peer client software, but if you'll used it to search some reading stuff, like ebook, in MO it's been very nice to used.

thanks. Actually I decided to install LimeWire on my win2k box. That box is in the same room & connected to the same router as my linux box. But limewire on win2k works fine. I only need a few songs from the 60s, so I didn't think spending time & trouble on linux with amule or something else was worth it.

thanks.  Actually I decided to install LimeWire on my win2k box.  That box is in the same room & connected to the same router as my linux box.  But limewire on win2k works fine.  I only need a few songs from the 60s, so I didn't think spending time & trouble on linux with amule or something else was worth it.

Lime wire is as bad as kazaa...

Try edonkeyclc with ed2k_gui (urpmi them).

For music I recommend museekd/museeq (soulseek client) - its the BEST music client (when the sever IS up)