New Keyboard Drivers Problems [solved]

omcaree

Hey All,

I've just bought a new keyboard, which comes with linux drivers. on the CD there is an rpm, as well as sources. read-me file recommends installing from rpm which i did, all appeared to work, until i tried using hotkeys on the keyboard, then my whole machine crashed.

at the bottom of the read me file it says if there are problems with the rpm version then installing from sources should work. so this is what i tried. following the instructions i ran "./configure" which started fine, but then stopped giving the following messages:

checking for KDE includes... no

configure: error: "Couldn't find KDE development headers!"

configure: error: "Configuration in systray failed!"

can anyone suggest what this means, and how to fix it if possible.

if not then i guess i'll have to live without hotkeys :o

Cheers all

Owen Mc

configure: error: "Couldn't find KDE development headers!"

You need to install the kde devel packages (open MCC, software, install software and search for them). Are yousure you need the drivers? Most keyboards are plug and Play, you just need to select the correct layout (in kde: open kde control center, region & accesibility, keyboard lay out and change the keyboard model. With khotkeys you can control the keys. (or most kde programs have under 'option' a configure shortcut keys)

I found my keyboard listed in the keyboard model menu but now when i use they hotkeys they load the desired program repeatedly, which i cant stop. and after about 1000 instances of Konquerer started i had to reset computer.

the keyboard works fine as a keyboard, its just that the hotkeys that either dont work (using a default keyboard model) or wrok too well (using specific model). any suggestions?

Many thanks, hotkeys working now. Also solved a few other problems today, a good day to be using Mandrake I think B)