Generating hdlist.cz for update CD

Ok, I don't know where to put this question really but since it's related to installation, I guess this is the best place.

Being that broadband is not only quite rare in my country, but downright expensive, I usually update my Mandrake installation by downloading all the updates from the ftp site (including hdlist.cz) before burning it to a CD. Then I make a local_update repository pointing to the CD so that everytime I want to update or install updated packages, urpmi will automatically ask for that CD. This works well for the first few months after the release of a new distro version. However, sooner or later, the size of the updates will balloon up so one cd cannot contain all the updates.

So my question is, is there a way to split the files, then regenerate the hdlist.cz for each CDs. So there will be a update_1 and update_2, each with its own hdlist.cz. This way, if I want to update or install update files whose dependancies are split across two cds, urpmi will ask to insert the right update cd in order to continue.

Also, since I usually put download some additional packages from plf, mandrake-club.nl, thac, and others, is there a way to make a hdlist.cz for all those packages? Maybe put it into an emptier of the two cds, or separate cd entirely?

Thanks in advance.

[moved from Installing Mandrake by spinynorman]

Here are some notes I made for myself when I was still on dial-up.

UPDATE MANDRAKE: From RPM's burned to a CD

Software Management

Media Manager

Add button

Removable device, then add the path or mount point where you will put the CD

Install, choose "All packages by: Upgrade availability"

Install

Edited by daniewicz