KDE 3.0.5a RPMS for Mandrake out.

DragonMage

Ok, this is from the security advisory from Mandrake. It seems that Mandrake has released RPMs for KDE 3.0.5a in the update mirror sources. So upgrade/install them now, especially if KDE 3.1 RC is not working for you and you want to go back.

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but when I tried updating KDE from 3.0.3 to 3.0.5a, it said that kdemultimedia conflicts with TiMidity++, yet they were both installed after a clean install(I had to reinstall after I screwed up my machine bad).

Is anybody else having this problem?

Also, hwo come updates from Mandrake (supposedly security updates) result in files not being ELF files and that they have the wrong magic bytes. What does that mean and how can that be fixed?

I'm downloading my updates from the carroll site, which is supposed to be one of the "official" sites for updates.

Guest alan.hughes

Apparently TiMidity++ and KDEMultimedia should not be installed together; its a known bug in DrakX that allows this. Uninstall TiMidity++ (I for one have never used it).

Thanks for the quick response.

I agree on that point; I think that's what I did last time. However, there's still the issue with the funny messages after installing certain updates.

kdemultimedia happens to be one of them.

The message I get is:

/sbin/ldconfig: The file <insert filename> does not appear to be an ELF file. It does not have the correct number of magic bytes at the end.

What is that supposed to mean?