Got a Sound Blaster? Hate ALSA? I have the solution...

DOlson

No, it's called being a musician and knowing how music should sound. It's called not using shit speakers, but quality stuff such as Cambridge SoundWorks or Klipsch ProMedia. It's called, I LIKE BASS AND TREBLE CONTROLS. It's called I don't have wax in my ears.

Whatever you call it, OSS sounds better.

But if MIDI is a priority over PCM, then I guess ALSA is the way to go.

DOlson, this is another example where you need to chill out dude. I mean, the person wasn't trying to be mean, they even said their headphones were decent...remember, flame wars make for bad forums...(its like maxreboot.com or whatever it is called.)

Did you read the comments they posted, and compare them with mine? I don't think either of us was any more "rough" than the other.

I wasn't aiming for that. I was simply pointing out that I hardly consider my "tests" to be "blind."

Guest namaste1

LOL, people in this forum are really pissed off about something :o

No civilized conversation is possible...

With blind test I just meant some kind of test, where you don't know

know if the sound comes from OSS or ALSA. For example your friend may do that, switches the sound driver to ALSA or OSS without you knowing which is used. This is the standard way of testing music equipments...

The common problem with written word is that you don't know if the person is serious or joking. Especially bad when your aren't native speaker.

P.S I really don't want to hear your "music" waxhead :)