Mandrake Control Panel Fax Hardware

knightmb

I'm using Mandrake 10.1 Offical distro, everything works great. I've run into a snap with the fax portion. I installed all related packages for faxing, I know my fax/modem works just fine because I can dial into an ISP and connect with no problem. Mainly, I can't find any documentation on how to setup faxing in Mandrake 10.1

If I go to "help" while in the control center, it just sends me the html root area, but no documentation that I can find on the CDs or on the Internet explains how to setup faxing.

I'm sure it has all the drakefax and hylfax packages installed, but I'm not sure what to do with them or how to get anything working.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!!

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Just to reiterate since this was moved to the hardware area, all the hardware is just fine. I'm using an external USR 56K fax/modem device on serial port 1. Everything works fine, I just need info on setting up drakfax, hylafax, etc. The menus in the control center are straight forward instructions, but nothing I set seems to save (as far as which com port, fax ID number, etc)

Again, any info or links to documentation on these packages would be greatly appreciated.

Just to reiterate since this was moved to the hardware area, all the hardware is just fine. I'm using an external USR 56K fax/modem device on serial port 1.  Everything works fine, I just need info on setting up drakfax, hylafax, etc.  The menus in the control center are straight forward instructions, but nothing I set seems to save (as far as which com port, fax ID number, etc)

Again, any info or links to documentation on these packages would be greatly appreciated.

i don't know how to set up a fax, but........

i had a similar problem in kmix, ie: the settings would not save when set by the user account!

however i dropped into root and made the changes there and saved them and they stayed (for users and root)!

maybe the same thing could possibly work for you with your fax settings?

i hope so

regards

reb

well, since you're using hylafax, you can visit www.hylafax.org for more info..

ok, Im using hylafax also with the modem usr 56k external

HOw did I start... i didnt use drak, maybe you can try this:

1. Just to check, make sure you've installed the hylafax-server, since there is a client package.. thereś an update package already found in hylafax.org... you can try the rpm intended for redhat 9, it works fine with my 10.1

2. You have to setup your fax.. at the terminal window #faxsetup ...

3. at the end of fax setup, it will ask if you would like to add a modem, if it did not prompt..

4. #faxaddmodem ..this process detects your modem, when prompted which class to use, select class 1

5. well, there are lots of how-to and set-up guide that can be found in hylafax.org

i suggest that you will visit that page, for more detailed info.

this hylafax works really great...