Grub

addr

I am not yet a Mandrake user (waiting for the CD's).

I have a dual boot system with XP on one drive and Simply Mepis on the other using the Grub boot which works fine.

Reading through this forum I am a little concerned by all the dual boot problems.

My question is...will I be able to install Mandrake on the second part of my Linux drive and will it be picked up by the existing Grub booter?

Sorry if this is too elementary but I am a beginner and want as much info as possible before attempting the Mandrake install.

just take note of/write your existing partition (fdisk -l /dev/hda if you only have one harddisk) configuration somewhere so that you can refer to it someday.

then if you dont erase partitions in the middle, you could deduce which partition has the /boot files and point grub there.

i am already triple-booting (winxp for my wife, mdk10.1 and arch 0.7 for me) so i dont think this is an issue. and oh, i dont install any more boot loaders. i just edit the one being read by grub (the mdk one) manually.

ciao!