Change mouse speed to slower than x1.0

4ebees

Hi all,

I have an odd request.

In Man 10.0 the GUI for mouse speed only lets me change the speed to x 1.0. I'd like to make it slower than this.

Is there away of doing this? I'm assuming that it will have to be via the command line, but have not idea of where to start.

Any assistance/advice/redirection most appreciated.

xset m 1/8 1/8 (the fractions are speed and acceleration. The higher the number. the faster the speed) 

Have fun

Brilliant. Thanks for that. The only other questions I have are (and should have asked the first time):

1. How do I work out what the current settings are (so I can always get back to them), or would going to the GUI mouse settings and choosing 'default' reset them?

2. Do I type 'xset m 1/8 1/8' as stated (as root) for example, in the command line?

I realise this may seem like I don't know much about it (which is VERY true) but I do like to make sure of what I'm doing first. The first thing I remember from using Linux is "don't play around on your box as root, late at night, or when you've had little sleep" - a bit like the warnings on bottles of medication. LOL

Again, thanks.