Booting Problem

musichere

hdc= your dvd device and it is on the master secondary channel. hdd= your cdwriter which is the slave on the secondary channel. Sometimes two cd devices can create errors when on the same ide channel. (I always split them) So I would try loading from the master device, your dvd player.

In english, are you using your cdwriter to load the program or your dvd? Use the dvd.

Sorry, the medium is a DVD and only my DVD drive plays DVDs (which is my master device).

There are three possibilities:

1) Bad burn (bad data)

2) Bad Ram (bad recall data)

3) Channel distortion because of what I already described with two cd devices on the same ide channel (chipset error)

Passing init options to the kernel at this point in the install is limited to dma and acpi stuff, as far as i know. The kernel is loaded into memory, and not anywhere else as yet. The init option stated is a generic kernel panic thing. What it is saying is "I put the kernel here and it's not there!

Has the media installed correctly in the past on this computer? If yes, then the ram is next. As far as ram goes, you can try to rearrange the sticks in the slots, or you can replace them. There is a program called memtest86 that is burnable to a cd and is an excellent ram test program, but you need to run it for several hours. It will find flaky ram and report the errors. But, even knowing that you still need more ram to replace the bad. At least testing it you can be sure of the problem. Go to http://www.memest86.com and get the program. It's free.