mdk linux 10.2 beta

fahd

Mdk Linux 10.2 beta 1 and 2 still hangs when "Onboard Audio Enabled". You can solve this problem when "Onboard Audio Disabled". This happens with me: I have an id925xcv chipset intel motherboard. Neighter mdk linux 10.1 nor 10.2 betas could solve my with the above mentioned problem. Mandrake linux 10.x failed to handle the ethernet and audio issues, since these items handled by intel id925xcv chip set. I wager neighter Mandrake nor SuSE will solve this in half year. It seems linux fans SHOULD season to this syndrome. When people plug in usb pendrive, we immediately can use it (under ms-windows), without any intervention to modify fstab file. These things should be taken in consideration. Linux distros have to develope linux to do support for almost CHIPSETs. This is the bottleneck in linux world. Besides, we always encounter the incompatible things when install a program, the dependencies. SuSE and Mandrake distros are STILL behind Gates. More and more hard job. Have a good luck.

Fahd

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Under MDK 10.2 beta2 which I currently use in my laptop, my pen drive is automounted at /mnt/removable.

More than that, my main box runs Arch Linux 0.7 with quasi-vanilla 2.6.10 kernel, udev, dbus and hal. Whenever the pen drive is slotted to any USB slot, it automounts at /media/USB_DRIVE and a pen drive icon appears on KDE desktop (you need better than 3.3.2 for that- I am running KDE 3.4 beta 2 AKA "Keinstein" from the Arch "unstable" repository, and it works just great).

As for your i925X chipset, it's very new and Intel hardly has issued reliable drivers for windows- yet... so Linus and his 2.6.X will be there after a while, after all he seems being more patient than most.

If this thing is a "bottleneck" for you, feel free using windows.