Problem loading GnuCash [solved]

Guest deppingh

Guest deppingh

I'm getting the following error loading GnuCash:

The font "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*" does not support all the required character sets for the current locale "en_US"

(Missing character set "ISO8859-1")

(Missing character set "ISO8859-1")

Warning: gnucash_style_set_register...(): Cannot load font: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*

Obviously it's a font problem but I'm having no luck at all solving it. Anyone know how to fix this?

This is on 10.1 x86-64, with the default GnuCash installed.

I'm running GnuCash 1.8.9 from the 10.1 Power Pack, but not the 64-bit edition. No problem here.

Other than 'install all the fonts you can find' I don't kow what to tell you except you should try posting your question on the GnuCash users mailing list. Pretty good help there, often from the developers themselves, and you should have an answer shortly.

GnuCash is great. Once I found it, I knew I'd be able to kick my M$ habits. Used it trouble-free for 3 1/2 years now.

Guest deppingh

Apparently it's not installed by default in 10.1 x86-64. I can only assume it's installed by default in the 32 bit version because I didn't have any trouble with GnuCash there.