ATI All-in-wonder

Guest Fear

hey there all,

I have a ATI All-in-wonder (the old one) and im having some trouble, I installed the ati.2 drivers and such from GATOS (http://gatos.sourceforge.net) and I also installed XawTV, at this point it worked and I had no problems, as soon as the machine was rebooted it no longer works, I dont know why. Ive reinstalled everything and still no go, Whenever I start XawTV from the command prompt it tells me that its having problems finding "dev/video0" because it doesnt exist. :furious3: this is driving me nuts because of the fact that it did work before the computer was restarted. Does anyone know if there is a config file I need to edit to get it to work properly or anything I need to do or try, im open to any and all comments and/or suggestions. Thanks

Also does anyone know if the all-in-wonder 9600 can be supported to watch tv etc?

This is making me very :wall: if anyone can help me...please...ive been trying to figure this our for almost a week now. :help::thanks:

Edited by Fear

I had the exact same problem as you with an AIW Pro 128 card using XawTV. I can't explain why it happens, but I remember that several other people had the same problem. AVview worked perfectly.

You can get AVview from contrib or the Gatos site. I don't know if the AIW 9600 works or not.

Mdk 10.1 uses Xorg 6.7.

Edited by Dyslexic

I had the exact same problem as you with an AIW Pro 128 card using XawTV.  I can't explain why it happens, but I remember that several other people had the same problem.  AVview worked perfectly.

You can get AVview from contrib or the Gatos site.  I don't know if the AIW 9600 works or not.

Mdk 10.1 uses Xorg 6.7.

I have also asked this but i have an Radeon 9700 and when i want to download a fdriver it gives 4 options.

XFree 4.1

XFree 4.2

XFree 4.3

X.Org 6.8

after reading this i came up with an idea and searched in the uninstall software (only to see what ive got not to uninstall) and indeed X.Org 6.7 but i need X.Org 6.8 i asume ???