Star Control 2 for linux!

Falcdragon

Have you people Seen this? StarControl 2 for Linux.

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

The Origional developers have released the Source code and content for the 3DO version under GPL and a group has decided to update/port it and release it for Linux, FreeBSD, BeOS and Win32. They've Currently released and Alpha 0.1 how ever the game's playable both Skirmish and the Campaign theres a few bugs of course but it works. They've had to call it The Ur-Quan Masters as apparently some other company holds the rights to the name Star Control and are not prepared to release it. How ever the game rocks. It's nice to see old classic updated (openGL support, ogg music etc) and released for linux.

Star Controls a very good game If you've never played it before Download it and have ago. Those who have played it before probably never got to this part of the message and have it partially Downloaded already.

Hmm.. Yeah, I thought that this was posted about here a while back. Maybe not, but if so, it never hurts to announce things over again, just so more people can find out. :)

If I didn't post it, I certainly meant to. :) It's on my new games page, but still, lots of people don't look at that, and I don't blame them, as it's not completed yet.

If I didn't post it, I certainly meant to. :) It's on my new games page, but still, lots of people don't look at that, and I don't blame them, as it's not completed yet.

I do is a good section

I have been playing urqan masters for a while.

Star control 2 was/is a great game.

100+ meg of data, i don't remember it being so big.

They have added a bunch of voice data i think.