Doom 3 4 Linux

Tuxiscool

Please note that it's an ESTimated release date, and not an official release date.

Do not get mad at TuxGames, as if they can control publishers, if the game is delayed. It's not their fault.

Lots of people got mad at them because they keep changing the release date for NWN, but is it really their fault?? NO.

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to Doom III, but I want that Bandits game even more!

Guest joehill

some of us are going to have to do some serious hardware upgrades for Doom 3. I have the geforce 4 ti now (thanks to my loving wife and santa), I just need a new computer to go with it!

I'll be playing this game in a 40x30 window if I have to!

That reminds me...I saw a linux game a while back that was like doom only it actually used ascii graphic characters on an 80x25 text screen. I totally forgot about it. I'd love to see that just for kicks...

Glitz.

Yeah, well, you can play games like UT, Quake, etc. using aalib, which converts it to ascii characters, so that's prolly all it was. SDL, if compiled properly, allows you to specify aalib as the video driver, so pretty much any SDL program can use it.

Also, there's a nifty version of Quake 1 called NPRQuake and it allows you to play the game in sorta artsy format (like, sketches, brushed, etc).