PRO/Wireless 2100 WLAN problem

leupi

I just installed Mandrake 10.1 on a Dell Latitude D600 and everything seems to have gone fine with one exception. I am trying to configure the wireless but I seem to be caught in a loop. Here are the steps that I am taking:

I go to MCC > Network & Internet > New conection > Wireless connection. At that point I get a dialog box but it dissapears way to quick to see and I am left with one choice - 'Manually load a driver'. After I hit next I choose 'ipw2100 (Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Driver). I am then given two choices, Autoprobe and Specify options. If I choice Autoprobe I am just taken back to the 'Manually load a driver' page and the loops keeps repeating itself. I do not understand the options on the 'Specify options' page so I can't fill that in.

BTW, I am a real Linux newbie and appreciate any advice that anyone can offer, thanks.

Todd

I have been further researching the 2100 with Linux and at the moment I think that I am going to find a compatable PCMCIA WLAN card and go with that for the moment. Configuring the 2100 looks like it will be a bit complicated and I would like to get online now. Once I get online I can play with the 2100. Thanks for the info, it was certainly informative.

Todd