Wine, PearPC or what?

I just splashed out on a new digital camera.

I'm pleased GIMP has a plug-in etc. (for raw format images) but Im wondering if it might not be worth using photoshop for retouching because the colour curves are available for photoshop?

Exellent resource here...

http://pages.quicksilver.net.nz/pepe/d70/N...0_on_Linux.html

So Im wondering if PearPC might be a good bet.

Has anyone tried it... how about photoshop under WINE?

I can't say Ive ever done anything except notepad in wine (like yep done it now back to linux) but I hear it runs OK???

Plus anyone ideas on performance...if Im paying $650 for a copy is it worth it under an emulator? Is elements any good or am I better off with GIMP2?

All thoughts welcomed....

if your gonna buy Photoshop then why dont you just have a small install of winblows to use it?

PS can be a bitch at the best of time for me and im not even that good in it, you might not like being part of pirated software but no one will know if you only use a copy for PS

Or go full hog buy a new G5 and PS then use MDKPPC :P

I thought of a G5.....

But the bottom line is what extra am I going to achieve...

I want to be able to upload color progiles into the Camera .. the default is... well crap.

If Adobe did a linux version i'd probably buy it... but its really galling to have a winblows install just for one thing... I have been M$ free for years now... I got everything working in linux, even my palm and bluetooth to phone etc. because I didn't wanna have to start on win again!

Im really proud my PC's are 100% legal.. (at least in France with the libdvdcss) when I ran windows I had pirated everything...

Im guessing my next laptop will be a Mac...theyre droolworthy... but £799+ photoshop is a bit much to justify!!!