Problems with yoper

:( well this morning I got a little anxious and wanted to try out "yoper" linux.

I really like it but Ive had some problems...I cant get back to windows...even though its in the menu..

so I restored MBR but still...and I reinstalled windows, and still....and formatted and STILL couldnt get to windows...

Then I was left with nothing, and windows wouldn't go on at all..

so now I reinstalled Yoper, but I want to get windows back, even if its in spite of yoper...

Can any of you help me with that? Do I have to make a new thread for it?

:( :( :(

all my windows stuff is lost now =/

which bootloader did you choose during the installation? grub or lilo? grub had some problems in yoper (especially with reiserfs partitions) and an installation with lilo solved the problem for many users. in case you have installed lilo, please post your /etc/fstab file. maybe we simply need to change some minor things.

anyway, you should possibly ask directly in the yoper forums at yoper.com for additional help. even the head developer is there to answer to problems. :)

# Begin /etc/fstab

# filesystem   mount-point fs-type    options     dump    fsck-order

/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    rw,exec,noauto,users     0       0
#/dev/cdrom      /mnt/cdrom/     auto    ro,noauto,users,exec     0       0
/dev/cdrom  /mnt/cdrom  supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom,--,ro,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
none            /dev/pts        devpts  gid=4,mode=620          0       0
none         /proc       proc    defaults            0   0
/dev/hda2      /       reiserfs    notail,noatime        1       1
/dev/hda3      swap    swap    defaults        0       0
/dev/hda4  /home reiserfs    notail,noatime        1       1
/dev/scd0  /mnt/cdwriter  supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/scd0,--,ro,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0

There is the Fstab file.

Another strange thing is that I put in a cd with some mp3's in the drive but I couldnt find them in the cd drive in linux. (and I cant get amsn to work lol =/)

THanks, Il have a go at their forums.

BTW: I used LILO in both cases.

as you might notice: you have several entries in your fstab file for your linux partitions, but none referring to your windows partitions. in order to boot into windows with lilo, you have to add a windows-fstab-file. go to the faq section. there is a detailed howto for changing your lilo.conf in order to boot both linux and windows.

if you need more help, please post your questions here.

good luck

as you might notice: you have several entries in your fstab file for your linux partitions, but none referring to your windows partitions. in order to boot into windows with lilo, you have to add a windows-fstab-file. go to the faq section. there is a detailed howto for changing your lilo.conf in order to boot both linux and windows.

if you need more help, please post your questions here.

good luck

I have some MAJOR problems right now. I dont even care about dualboot anymore, I just want/need windows back. Ive tried fixmbr and fixboot, followed by a winxp format and install, but as soon as the DOS part of the winxp installation is over, I get "error booting operating system" and I cant go ANYWHERE.

Ive tried several times to format...I dont know what to do anymore... What I do know is that Yoper seems to be able to write LILO to the bootsector because I can still install that, which Il probably do later on...but I NEED windows back, no matter what

PLZ this is quite serious! :o :help::help::wall: :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...